23 December 2008

No Such Thing as 'Half'

Just a quick note because I don't have much time ... I have got to do some cleaning while the babies are asleep ...

Last week my Aunt Trisha and Uncle Robert stopped by for a quick visit while they were in town. It was very fun to see them and for them to meet our new babies. Click below for Aunt Trisha's blog about their visit.

http://buboppy.blogspot.com/2008/12/visit-with-greg-and-margaret.html

Seeing Aunt Trisha reminded me of something my dad used to say ...

Aunt Trisha and Aunt Nellie are my dad's sisters -- they share the same father as my dad and have a different mother. As my brothers and sisters and I were growing up, we sometimes differentiated my father's siblings as 'real' and 'half'. Every single time my dad would hear us differentiate his siblings this way, he would make sure to remind us ...

"There is no such thing as a 'half-sister'!"

Just wanted to write that as I was thinking about it.

3 comments:

MaRilla said...

Oh how I miss you and those sweet little babies! Aunt Trishas post was so cute and made me miss them even more!

Cheryl said...

Oh, how I would love to have had the opportunity to know your father in this lifetime. I hear so many wonderful things about him. You and your siblings are blessed indeed to have such loving, generous and caring parents. And you be just as wonderful a mother to your children. We look forward to seeing you all very soon. Love to you, Doug and those beautiful baby girls!

Gene said...

I know Doug will never see this post, so can you tell that guy to give me a call?

Gene Prince