22 December 2008

My Mom


A few lucky people in this world are granted one of the greatest blessings of all ... a wonderful mother. I have said many times that if everyone had parents like I was blessed with, the world would be a much better place in which to live.

I do happen to be one of the lucky ones. My mom is absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for her. She is my best friend. She has come to my rescue a million times, whether providing a much needed laugh, a shoulder to cry on, a prayer raised up to heaven on my behalf (and I know she has spent many many hours on her knees because of me), or just by being there with me.

During the last few weeks of my pregnancy she came to visit us three times, not wanting to miss the birth of our little babes. She was with me at my doctor's appointment on Oct. 17 when the doc told me to head to the hospital, and the girls were born two days later.

She stayed for about seven weeks after the girls were born and honestly, I don't know how Doug and I would have survived without her. Not only was she a lifesaver in keeping our house in order, but she was my lifesaver as well. She spent many many hours by my side in the NICU holding babies, changing diapers, feeding babies, and wiping my tears. I had such a great time being with her during those weeks, and I will cherish the time as long as I live.
Doug and the girls and I miss her a ton and can't wait for her to come back for a visit in January.
I love you Mom.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

adri,
Yes we are lucky. We can't ask for a better example can we. It was fun to have her down. And yes. I miss her too. Love you.

MaRilla said...

Very sweet Dran!
I love you and your mom!