02 November 2008

Lilly Ann Hancock Comes Home

We were able to bring Lilly home today!!! We're getting ready for our first night together :) It was a bittersweet day for me ... so exciting to finally have a baby home (I feel like a real mommy now) but very sad to leave one baby in the hospital. Although not quite as difficult as the day I was released from the hospital and didn't get to bring home a baby at all, it was very sad to leave Layla alone in her pod and take her sister away.



Lilly is just beautiful and is doing great, sleeping right now on my chest as I type this blog. At her final NICU weigh-in last night she weighed 5lbs 1.5ozs ... we all cheered as she passed the 5lb milestone!!!! Layla is having a hard time eating and most of the time is just not interested; eating is really the last thing she has to master before she gets to come home -- hopefully soon!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Good Luck tonight. You won't get any sleep cause you will be watching or holding Lilly all night. Enjoy every moment little sister. For they go by too fast. I am so excited for you and am so PROUD of you. I love you all.

MaRilla said...

ok I tried to leave a comment and it wouldn't work so I'll try again. Tears filled my eyes as I looked through these pictures. They are beautiful little miracles. I love you Dran (and Doug too). I am so happy for you. Way to go Daddy Doug, you look cute with all of that pink!

The Madsens said...

oh drana im so excited for you and doug the girls are the cutest babies and you're very lucky i hope layla gets to come home soon. hopefully we will see you soon take care and we love you & doug.

Debi Lassen said...

I'm SOOO happy to get your message and see your blog again....I lost it for awhile. I knew it had to be getting close for the babies to be here.
How wonderful they are! I can feel and see so much love in these pictures. It's fun to see you, Doug, with your sweet wife and those cute little tiny babies. Best wishes to all of you!
Yesterday in church, our 11th little grandchild, Scotty (named after my little brother that passed when he was 3 years old) was blessed and we had a granddaugters' baptism Saturday night. Life is so full, isn't it. There are such challenges in having children, but there are SUCH joys that balance it out.
Love to you all,
Debi (Doug's cousin)

The Madsens said...

thanks yeah for sure that would be so fun and if you ever want to check out any of my work just to get a feel of what i do you can visit www.myspace.com/mandimadsenphotography
LOVE YOU

The Lowes said...

Oh she is so precious. You two did excellent. I can't wait to see little Layla. I pray for her to make speedy progress so your family can all be together at home. I'm glad you told me about your blog.
Leah